Singapore Government Agency Privacy Statement
- This is a Singapore Government Agency service. In this Privacy Statement, “we”, “us” or “our” refers collectively to the Government.
- This Privacy Statement sets out the way in which we may use the information, including your personal data and any data relating to third party individuals, which were obtained via your access to and/or use of our digital and/or non-digital services (“Information”). Non-digital services include hardcopy applications, appeals or requests received via our hotline channel or letters, etc.
- We reserve the right to modify or supplement the Privacy Statement at our discretion and at any time, by posting the modified or supplemented Privacy Statement on or through our website, or through such other means as we may deem appropriate. Your continued use of our digital and/or non-digital services (“Our Services”) following the posting of any modification or supplement will constitute your acceptance of such modification or supplement.
- If you are only browsing Our Services, we do not capture data that allows us to identify you individually.
Collection of Information
- For Our Services, we may collect Information through various technologies including but not limited to:
- Analytics tags: Analytics tags are third party elements used by us to analyse the effectiveness of the functionalities, features and user preferences relating to Our Services;
- Server logs: Server logs are files and records of activity created by the device that you use Our Services from. For example, a server log may record a history of page requests, errors, access attempts or other information about your Device, such as your IP address or Operating System (OS); and
- Device information: Information relating to your device such as its type, operating system, and other technical attributes.
Collection of Third-Party Information
- In the course of your use of Our Services, you may provide, or we may collect Information relating to third party individuals from you.
- You shall, prior to disclosing to us such Information relating to other individuals:
- notify these individuals (i) that you will be providing their Information to us or through your use of Our Services; and (ii) of the Purposes for which we will be collecting, using, disclosing, and processing their Information, as set out in this Privacy Statement; and
- obtain the consent from the individuals whose Information are being disclosed, permitting (i) you to disclose the Information to us or through your use of Our Services; and (ii) us to collect, use, disclose and process these individuals’ Information for the Purposes.
- You represent and warrant that:
- The Information that you will be providing us or have provided us is, complete, accurate, true, and correct; and
- you have the valid authority and consent from these individuals to act on their behalf and provide their Information to us to collect, use, disclose and process for the Purposes.
Use of Information
- We may use the Information for, including but not limited to, the following purposes:
(collectively, the “Purposes”).
- to carry out your instructions or respond to any queries, feedback or complaints provided by (or purported to be provided by) you or on your behalf, or otherwise for the purposes of responding to or dealing with your interactions with us;
- to perform actions or transactions in line with the legislation or terms of conditions for schemes under or administered by us for which you are a participant of the scheme;
- to pre-fill forms, e-applications or any screen on Our Services, with your Information;
- to contact you or communicate with you on any matters relating to your use of Our Services, including but not limited to the purposes set out above, via email, push notifications, hardcopy notification or such other forms of communication that we may introduce from time to time (digital notifications would depend on the functionality of the digital service used and your device);
- to contact you or communicate with you to facilitate the conduct of market research, surveys, and promotional activities by us;
- to monitor and track your usage of Our Services, in order to assist us in understanding user behaviour, trends and preferences, and in improving Our Services;
- to create reports and produce statistics for operations, policy review, book-keeping, reporting or publication purposes (whether internally or externally). Information used in such reports and statistics will be anonymised before publication;
- for the purposes of storing or creating backups of your Information for contingency or business continuity purposes;
- to prevent or investigate any fraud, unlawful or criminal activity or omission or misconduct via the use of Our Services, whether or not there is any suspicion of the aforementioned;
- to deal with conflict of interests or investigate complaints in relation to your use of Our Services;
- to counter misleading information that has been put out and disseminated to the public; this is important as it helps the public gain a fuller picture of the situation and counter the misinformation, both of which are necessary to maintain the trust placed in public agencies; and
- for any other purpose(s) that do not appear above where permissible under any written law,
- Where appropriate, we may share necessary Information with other Government Agencies, to serve you in the most efficient and effective way unless such sharing is prohibited by law.
- We may share your Information with non-Government entities that have been authorised to carry out specific Government services. We will NOT share your Information with other non-Government entities without your consent except where such sharing complies with the law.
- For your convenience, we may also display to you Information you had previously supplied us or other Government Agencies. This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the Information be out-of-date, please supply us with the latest Information. We are not liable for any damage or loss caused to you due to errors in the Information.
Protection of Information
- To safeguard your Information, all storage and transmission of Information is secured with appropriate security measures. For use of Our Services, you can help further by safeguarding the confidentiality of your Singpass.
- Our Services may contain links to non-Government digital services whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other digital services and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those digital services.
- Please contact us if you:
- have any enquiries or feedback on our data protection policies and procedures, or
- need more updates on or access to Information which you have provided to us in the past.
This version of the Privacy Statement is dated 12 Aug 2023